The Pender Harbour Volunteer Fire Department provides Fire and Rescue Services on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. The Fire Protection District extends from Wood Bay in the south to the Pender Harbour Golf Course in the north and includes the communities of Garden Bay, Irvines Landing, Kleindale, Madeira Park, Francis Peninsula and Middlepoint. With two Fire Halls; Hall #1 - Madeira Park and Hall #2 - Garden Bay we provide 24/7 coverage for fires, motor vehicle incidents and medical assistance.
Current Fire Restrictions - Effective July 6, 2017, 12:00 Noon Thursday Until Further Notice
Within the boundaries of the Pender Harbour Fire Protection District
ALL OPEN BURNING INCLUDING CAMPFIRES IS PROHIBITED IN THE PENDER HARBOUR FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
The following are not permitted:
- all open burning
- campfires, as defined by the wildlife regulation (burning of woody debris)
- open fires, of woody debris, in an outdoor stove
- tiki torches, chimineas, and non CSA & ULC approved outdoor stoves and cooking devices
- the use of fireworks, firecrackers, sky lanterns, burning barrels or burning cages of any size or description
- the use of binary exploding targets (e.g. for rifle target practice).
The prohibition does not apply to cooking stoves and portable campfires that are CSA-rated or ULC-rated, that use gas, propane, briquettes, liquid or gasoline fuel, as long as the height of the flame is less than 15 centimeters.
Current B.C. Venting Index
Downloadable Safety Tips